The Vomaris Company
Vomaris Innovations, Inc. specializes in wireless microcurrent-generating technologies that are redefining regeneration, healing, and recovery. The company name is derived from nature’s remarkable ability to generate electricity when voltage potential (Vo) combines with a conductive medium like saline (mar, meaning the ‘sea’ in Spanish). This is the foundational principle of Vomaris’ patented Advanced Microcurrent Technology®, which is defining the BioElectric wound care market.
Designed to mimic the body’s own physiologic electric currents which are essential for cell migration and wound healing1, Vomaris’ clinically and scientifically validated core technology platform employs embedded microcell batteries to generate electricity. It is an exciting new age solution for wound and incisional care, with demonstrated broad-spectrum antimicrobial efficacy2-5 and the ability to support the body's natural healing process6.
Vomaris’ mission is to harness microcell battery-generated electricity to power improved healing, and the future of performance and recovery.
President & CEO
- Michael Nagel joined Vomaris Innovations as President and CEO in February 2012.
- Mr. Nagel brings more than 30 years of sales and marketing experience in the medical device industry.
- Prior to Vomaris, Mr. Nagel served as Chief Commercial Officer at Neomend. He oversaw the commercial launch of a PMA device and guided rapid growth to over 1,200 hospitals. Neomend was acquired by C.R. Bard.
- Mr. Nagel also served as Co–founder and Vice President of Worldwide Sales and Marketing at Vascular Solutions (VASC). He helped take Vascular Solutions from inception to IPO within 39 months and led the launch of a novel, biological vascular closure device in the interventional marketplace.
- He also served as Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Incisive Surgical.
- Mr. Nagel holds an MBA and BA from the University of St. Thomas.
Chief Commercial Officer
- Mary Maijer joined Vomaris Innovations as Chief Commercial Officer in May 2014.
- Ms. Maijer brings over 30 years experience in health care, global medical device marketing, and marketing operations.
- Prior to Vomaris, Ms. Maijer served as Vice President of Marketing at Covidien where she was responsible for the Peripheral Vascular business.
- Prior to Covidien, Ms. Maijer spent several years at St. Jude Medical, where her most recent roles were as Vice President of Global Marketing Operations and previously as Vice President of International Marketing for CRMD, AF, and CV Divisions.
- She has extensive experience in strategic portfolio planning, upstream and downstream marketing leadership and business development, and has launched a multitude of new technologies into the marketplace with global commercial success.
- Ms. Maijer holds a BA from the College of St. Scholastica.
Chief Financial Officer
- Michel Tanguay joined Vomaris Innovations in April 2014 and is currently responsible for the company’s finance, information technology, and operations functions.
- Prior to joining Vomaris, Mr. Tanguay headed the Finance and Purchasing functions for a start-up company manufacturing steel components for the solar industry.
- He previously served in a number of senior level finance positions with public companies in the US and Canada including Abitibi Consolidated and Bombardier.
- Mr. Tanguay also directed the Finance and Contract Administration organization for the All Americas Division of Diagnostica Stago, a manufacturer of in vitro diagnostic instruments and reagents.
- His career started with Ernst & Young in Montréal, Canada.
- Mr. Tanguay is a Certified Public Accountant (inactive, Illinois) and a Chartered Professional Accountant (Québec, Canada) and holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from the Université du Québec à Montréal.
Head of Regulatory Affairs & Quality Assurance
- Charmaine Sutton joined Vomaris Innovations as Head of Regulatory Affairs & Quality Assurance in March 2017.
- Ms. Sutton brings over 25 years of experience in regulatory affairs and quality assurance.
- Prior to Vomaris, Ms. Sutton served as Sr. Vice President, Regulatory & Quality Assurance, and Sr. Vice President of Operations at Vascular Solutions.
- Ms. Sutton is co-founder of The Tamarack Group and principal consultant.
- She is an expert in US FDA and European regulations for medical devices and has proven expertise in product and process development, quality assurance and systems, product risk management, regulatory market authorizations, supply chain management, manufacturing operations, post-market quality, and regulatory support.
- Ms. Sutton holds a BA from University of California, Davis.
Director of Sales
- Aaron Walters joined Vomaris Innovations as Director of Sales in January 2015.
- Mr. Walters brings over 14 years of sales and sales training experience in the medical device industry.
- Prior to Vomaris, he served in sales and sales training leadership roles at Bard Davol’s biosurgery unit.
- Prior to Bard, Mr. Walters was a member of the Neomend team that successfully launched a pleural air leak sealant to the US market.
- He also served as a Territory Business Manager for Baxter’s biosurgery division. While at Baxter, Mr. Walters managed sales of surgical sealants and hemostasis products in Tennessee.
- Mr. Walters began his medical device career as a sales representative for Stryker.
- Mr. Walters holds a BA from Harding University and a Certificate in Executive Leadership from Cornell University.
AwardsView All Awards
Partner With Vomaris
Based on firmly established principles of the essential role electricity plays in regeneration and healing, Advanced Microcurrent Technology has utility across a broad spectrum of applications. Become a partner in advancing microcell battery-generated electricity to power improved healing and the future of performance and recovery.Become a Partner